Marshmallow Magic: Homemade Fondant Delight
Dive into the world of homemade fondant with a delightful twist – marshmallows! This easy-to-make alternative to traditional fondant adds a touch of sweetness and simplicity to your baking adventures. Here's a step-by-step guide to crafting fondant with marshmallows:
- 16 oz mini marshmallows
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 2 lb powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the marshmallows and water in 30-second intervals until fully melted, stirring after each interval.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the melted marshmallows to the powdered sugar and mix thoroughly. The mixture will be quite stiff.
- Coat your hands and work surface with vegetable shortening.
- Knead the fondant until it becomes smooth and pliable. Adjust the consistency by adding a little more water (1 teaspoon at a time) if too dry or more powdered sugar (1 tablespoon at a time) if too sticky.
- Once smooth, wrap the fondant tightly in plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 30 minutes before use.
This marshmallow-infused fondant is perfect for covering cakes, crafting decorations, and much more. With its easy customization through coloring and flavoring, it becomes a versatile choice for all your special occasions. Elevate your baking game with the magic of marshmallow fondant!